Modding Programs Database (Z64)

Jason777

Seeing as how there are so many different programs for modifying OoT (and some for MM) it can become quite a task remembering about each and every one. I think it would be a good idea to post links to every single program you can find, add a description, the program creator, and the game it's for to create a database or directory for programs.

NOTE: I will be constantly modifying this post with new links, updates, and (maybe) source code... Descriptions Later.

PROGRAMS

MusicXML Importer by messian. Replace M64XML.exe with this.

OBJN64 by marshallh and spinout.

DL2C by spinout.

OBJ2C by spinout.

ZIFF by spinout.

BGR24 by Twili/Zant.

BMP2RBG16 by Twili/Zant.

ZOVLDis by ZZT and spinout.

ZDUMP by spinout.

DLViewer by xDaniel.

ZSaten by xDaniel and spinout.

Z64Tree by spinout.

MMPictograph by arbingordon

Z64Anim by spinout.

nOVL by ZZT. Use with nOVLins by spinout.

SM64toZ64 by xDaniel and spinout.

SayakaGL by xDaniel.

Navi Color Changer by Sanguinetti.

Navi Color Changer (INCOMPLETE) by DeathBasket.

ZADP by Sanguinetti.

Zelda Multi-Purpose Editor by Sanguinetti.

OBJN64Tool by spinout.

SharpOcarina by xDaniel and many other contributors.

Obj2Area by spinout.

Z64 Hierarchy Scanner by spinout.

Z64 Animation Scanner by spinout.

ZAPPY by spinout.

Z64Porter by spinout.

Utility of Time by cooliscool.

ZAV by JSA (?).

Z-Filenew by spinout.

MML2M64 by messian. Use with some of these tools.

Zelda Sequence Tool by DeathBasket.

Collision Fixer with revisions made by MNGoldenEagle, JSA, spinout, xDaniel, and (newest) DeathBasket.

OZMAV2 by xDaniel and (?) spinout.

ZLE2 by JSA.

ZAP2 by JSA.

ZAP2MM by JSA.

ZTE by JSA.

Zelda String Editor is a ZTE revision by snotskie.

Symbiosis Combiner Encoder by xDaniel.

Z64Viewer by Euler.

OoT and MM Flash Actor Hacking Generator by GeekyLink.

OoT Text Conversion GS Code Generator by GeekyLink.

GZRT by ZZT.

ZCode (INCOMPLETE?) by spinout.

Z64 Insert SEQ GUI by ZZT.

Actor Dump by (?) ZZT.

Zelda 64 Function Database by (?) ZZT.

ZDEC by ZZT.

OZMAV by xDaniel.

Zelda Edit by cooliscool.

The only thing is that I don't think many people keep up with the software section on the wiki. I, for one, really only go to the wiki when I need to look up documentation on file formats and/or the RAM map (probably other things, too). I may be speaking only for myself, though.

objn64

• Strictly converts obj -> GBI C (uncompiled)
  • most of the code by marshallh, I added triangle optimization + png support (in some versions)
objn64tool

• Converts obj -> F3DEX2 binary and optionally obj -> z64 collision
  • completely coded by myself (except for normal calculation)
Additionally

• I wrote most of the collision and actor code for SM64toZ64
  • I have made considerable commits to ZSaten (object_human and link rendering implementation)
  • Where are OZMAV and OZMAV2?
  • zdump and ziff were experimental and won't compile, and are terribad (good ideas, bad implementation)
  • z-filenew is a powerful hack which goes with applications specifically for and part of it to compress your Debug ROM - thus it can be considered a tool.
  • ZAP, ZLE, ZLE2, ZAP2, ZAP2MM? I can upload if all you can find are rotten links
  • ZAV/UoT - http://spinout182.com/uot/ (memories: I remember when I leaked UoT_MNGE.rar on ZSO IRC back in April '08)
I think you should also have a section for libraries, such as libobj, libbadRDP and n64tool

Additionally, wiki please. I'll try and write how-tos for all my programs on the wiki within the next week or something.

Yeah, I still have a few more programs/tools to add, I also need to re-upload a few others which I can't seem to find anymore (most of which are lesser known), and I think adding a library section is a good idea.

I'll make some more changes and add stuff to the wiki when I'm done with classes later today.

(somewhat off topic but) Look what I found:

http://byuu.org/programming/bps/

I think this community should adopt this kind of patch, it is both a more advanced format than ppf and isn't archaic freeware. Additionally, it could be streamlined into makefiles, at is it is both a graphical and command line application.

>sees ability to add or delete information from ROM

>sees much more user-friendly GUI

>sees much higher patch compression ability

>sees integration of patch creation and application into one interface, let alone program

>sees how many >sees there are

>experiences seizure from the epic

Yes. Using this format from now on.

You are linking to an archaic version of OZMAV (which also has contributions by cooliscool and myself). Also, don't do direct links - a page with a description of what the download is would be ideal. For ozmav, something like http://code.google.com/p/ozmav or for z64anim https://bitbucket.org/otehr/z64anim e.g. Why? Direct links are more likely to "rot" than links to project pages, which are updated, whereas old versions may be deleted or moved as they become older.

There is probably other stuff but I don't have time right now.

Edit: Most of the stuff you linked to on z64dev.git.sourceforge.net is all depreciated - that is, replaced with something better. And talk about direct links!

also

OBJN64Tool by spinout and (?) marshallh.

I corrected you earlier but you must have missed it - I am the only author.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody remember ZEV?

No?

Good.

NOOOOO!  *Cries in a loud voice* Let no tool be forgotten!!!

Important side note:

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2846-zb2-committee/?do=findComment&comment=45216

#1 Head of Modding Tools - This member will have the task to compile an offical list of tools avaible to mod OOT.  This is one of the most important positions on this mod.  Who ever takes this position will yeild a great deal of power over the mod.  They will have lots of say over not only which tools should be used, but final say on which tools will be banned from use.

This seems like the place to hunt for someone to fill this, the top seat on the committee.  

Can I get a voluteer?  I'm seriously considering adding some perks to make this seat on the committee more appealing.

Also, I'm willing to volunteer my time to getting this topic back up-to-date

ZEV was a mesh-only map file editor that rendered light coordinates as RGB vertex color values (like old UOT versions) and had keyboard based vertex edit control. It was written in FreeBASIC. It's basically an absolute downgrade to everything else.

EDIT:

That said, it was the third or so dedicated model editor, so it at least has historic relevance.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.